Emergency Event Personnel List:
On-call volunteers for emergency events
Firstly, THANK YOU for offering your time during stressful periods.
We need people like you to fill the following roles:
- Transporter: You will need your own car and petrol. This will involve picking up animals in need from houses/vets and bringing them to the shelter, and/or vice versa.
- Laundry washer: Pick up a load of linen (generally towels), take home and wash, drop off at Wild Days.
- Dish washer at Wild Days.
- Cage cleaner: Scrubbing used cages for re-use.
- Shelter cleaner: Dedicated to maintaining hygiene and cleanliness during times of chaos. This will primarily involve cleaning (floors, bench tops etc.) and clearing waste.
- Volunteer Carer: To care for the people at the shelter and ensure they are eating and staying hydrated.
Although these roles may appear minor, these roles are vital to ensure emergency events run smoothly at Wild Days. These roles enable those trained in wildlife rescue, medical treatment and rehabilitation to work their magic at Wild Days.
Once you fill out the following form, your name will be on the list and you will be on call during emergency events. You will be required to do any of the above roles, based on need at the time.